"...exploring some new disciplines of leading in a virtual environment"
The role of leader is tough…and never more important than in the times we presently live and work. When teams are virtual and leaders don’t have the benefit of face to face time for feedback and developmental conversations some new disciplines are needed to help leaders engage, guide and motivate their people through challenging times. Leaders working remotely need fresh skills to help read the climate and mood if they are to shape the culture and the future environment.
• Virtual leadership: how current strengths need to be leveraged
• Self care and role-modelling: “you are your impact”
• Deeply understanding the preferences, different needs and “stress triggers” of your
• Communications and procedures – getting the right balance
• Creating the climate of trust and positive team spirit
• Focusing on outcomes